Monday 5 January 2009

jeans





once upon a time you know
a really long long time ago
when i was young and tall and slim
and quick of mind and strong of limb
i bought a pair of jeans one day
that suited me in every way
in the newness colour bright
and the fit, it was just right
those jeans i bought were just so great
to wear them out i could not wait
i wore them here i wore them there
my jeans and i were quite a pair
my friends would say , girl you look good
in jeans like that i surely should
and so time past
things seldom last
and i grew up my jeans grew older
summer past the weather colder
those jeans whose fit was once so right
were now beginning to feel tight
the colour once so bright and true
now took upon a faded hue
and still i love those jeans of mine
when i wear them i feel fine
i keep them for my days at home
to wear when i am all alone
not so easy to throw out
jeans you were once mad about
All materials Copyright © 2004-2008 by Eryll Oellermann

1 comment:

  1. I liked this one a lot. I have a stack of jeans I seem to recycle through my wardrobe. A few weeks ago I decided to brighten up an old pair of blue jeans so I bought some fabric dye. Note to self-wash jeans before attempting to dye them. I am pretty much jeanless at the moment. Unwashed dyed jeans look awful and spotted beyond what is acceptable for me to wear....even in the privacy of my own home.

    ReplyDelete