Saturday 11 May 2019


french tomatoes

french tomatoes were not the first french thing I fell in love with
they are, however, way up there
with french girls and grapes and sunshine
i’m joking, of course
about the girls …
there will only ever be
one french girl for me
we did not even meet in france
we met on a dreich scottish day
at glasgow airport
we were vague facebook friends
introduced by another mutual vague facebook friend
the internet has extended life’s possibilities
in almost unbelievable ways
and so it happened
that after some time in her company
much laughter and many conversational misunderstandings
I fell in love with the french girl
and even more astounding
she with me!
She came she left and soon enough
I flew to france and discovered
french tomatoes
the french grow vegetables and fruit trees
but especially
french tomatoes
big, red, firm and delicious
unlike any other tomato I have ever tasted
sliced in a salad
with vinaigrette hand made by my french woman
ooh lah lah
one is never too old
to discover a new delight
in this wonderful world


Copyright © 2018 by Eryll Oellermann

No comments:

Post a Comment