Monday 10 January 2011

i'm as young

i'm as young

i guess i'm as young
as i let myself be
my heart's been sixteen 
since i knew you loved me


you laughed when i told you
how i race the closing door
two steps at a time
to get up to my floor


you smiled when i mentioned
i tripped in my haste
and ended up falling
embarrassed, red faced


honey, you said
scot's accent included
a six year old does that
you're slightly deluded


how old i am
is really no matter
i love life, i love you
i'm a crazy mad hatter


you make my heart thump
you make my face smile
your love is the magic
which makes life worth while


i thank you my darling
for bringing me pleasure
your smile and your laughter
are my special treasure


i give you my heart
and i give you my time
you gave me yours
i am giving you mine

Copyright © 2011 by Eryll Oellermann

4 comments: