Sunday 5 December 2010

today is mine

in love my heart was chained, a prisoner
with bands of gold and knots unbreakable
until that day, when all the world unravelled
the impossible became possible once more
in one interminable raging moment
with sharp breath, indrawn in haste
that once sweet mouth spewed forth such venom
enough to wake my slumbering sense of self
instead of pain i knew the light of freedom
those unbreakable chains fought loose
knots once so tight, slid free, untied
a prisoner of love no more, i breathed freedom
my heart knew peace, my mind knew calm
today is mine, tomorrow a new destiny waits
my heart free to love, these arms free to embrace
hands which would trace the shadow of your smile
hold you to me in the opportunity of forever


Copyright © 2004-2010 by Eryll Oellermann

No comments:

Post a Comment