Saturday 16 May 2009

time enough

The sun sinks slowly, allowing nights gathering dusk entry. Autumn nips at summer's fleeing heel and the slow chill recalls winter's dark memory.

The seasons follow us through life as we tread our chosen road. Time is both enemy and friend, the incredible optimism of childhood...endless time at our disposal, every new experience a wonder to be marvelled at.

The arrogance of youth, immortal in our outlook and impatient in our understanding.

The middle years, a time of building and nurturing, the slow acceptance of responsibility. We learn to love and we learn to lose, time teaches us that great joy and

great sorrow walk hand in hand through the seasons.

Spring, summer, autumn, winter, the seasons pass. So now we stand, fully adult and finally free of the responsibilities that time gifts us with.

A magic time, with freedom to chose.

So I stand, for the moment and look back at the past and I am pleased.

For it was not all good and not all bad, neither always difficult nor always easy.

Joy and sadness, laughter and anger, pain and pleasure.

But it was my road and I have walked it, keeping pace with the seasons, sometimes weary with the load and sometimes dancing with the joys my path provided.

And now a new time ahead, new forks in the road, new decisions to make, a new path to follow.

My mind a little wiser, my heart more gentle, my step a little more careful.

What can I wish for on this last part of my journey through life.

The ability to see those who have need of me and the patience to share my time with them.

A heart that learns to love selflessly and a mind that may understand the fears of others.

A body strong enough to carry me with grace and dignity towards my final destination.

A companion, a love, a soul mate, to walk beside me, for we grow weary alone. A friend to share the wonders and marvels of the road, a life partner to bring joy to all the seasons.

Copyright © 2004-2009 by Eryll Oellermann

1 comment: