Tuesday 8 January 2013

unlike scotland


in new York, unlike Scotland
they have winter sun
which shines and is warm
making winter quite fun
no deer in the deer run
not here, not today
i’m sure they are somewhere
but from here, they’re away
however I do see
a cat, black and white
out stalking a mouse
a magnificent sight
it’s time to go out
there are things we must do
some things I don’t mind
whilst some I eschew
we get in the car
then we drive to the sound
where the sun strikes the sea
and the seagulls abound
a huge hero sandwich
a bottle of coke
a walk in the wind
while I have a quick smoke
back in the car
i sink back in the seat
i open my book
now my life is complete
the sun’s shining on me
my eyes start to close
it’s not very long
and I’m deep in a doze
life is good ,life is sweet
it is always a pleasure
when I’m with my girl
she’s my ultimate treasure

Copyright © 2013 by Eryll Oellermann

No comments:

Post a Comment