Friday 4 September 2009

beyond glass barriers

Photobucket


a sound proof glass prison
where i wait
there is life out there
i feel the passing energy
as it touches my glass walls
i am invisible as i watch
the laughter and the living
beyond glass barriers


i so craved the company of love
i tried to be who i am not
a wasteful exercise
for i am many thoughts and ways
all indelibly me
nary a one interchangeable
with another
one day i read words
less than kind
at last, enlightenment
i understood
i am good enough for me
i am calm and comfort
at ease with being
uninspired by worldly ambition
love lives in me
and wraps her arms around me
it is enough
no need to offer myself
as a distraction to the unaware

i built my glass tower
to hold the living world at bay
while i grow strong enough
to know, once more
the heat of undeniable passion
and bask in the streaming sunlight
of an uncomplicated
forever love story

Copyright © 2004-2009 by Eryll Oellermann

1 comment: