Thursday 5 February 2009

the way of words

words are my tools
words are my pleasure
words are for using
enjoying at leisure
words can make mischief
and words can make magic
words describe life and death
cheerful and tragic
words can weave tales
about loving and leaving
explaining emotions of
great joy and grieving
words can be written
or spoken out loud
whispered in love
or roared out in a crowd
words are a way
of exposing my mind
the thoughts that i think
and the questions i find
my days are kept busy
with words in my head
and thoughts so inspired
by the words i have read
i listen to music
hear words in my brain
my words are inspired
by sun and by rain
words cut and they heal
like a good surgeons knife
they offer excitement
and knowledge of life
remember their power
whenever you speak
think of the kindness
or damage you wreak
for words are just words
until they are hurled
with love or with venom
out into the world


Copyright © 2004-2009 by Eryll Oellermann

No comments:

Post a Comment